Rather than buying a new 27″ Samsung monitor like I had planned. I decided to be practical and just use my 32″ Plasma TV as a big screen monitor. Its a decent TV with 720p resolution. Although seems through old age or the heat produced by the TV, this sealant (in two areas of the TV) started peeling and wrinkling on to the screen area. It was annoying. So I figured, this is a good project and I will blog about it.
This is not really a repair, but more ~ less a project that required the carefully…
It was fun. All in all, took me couple hours.
Now I don’t have an annoying little rubber sealant in the display area.
Here are some pictures I took along the journey.
In the coming weeks, I have another TV repair project that is a bit more hands on. Its an LG 47″ LCD TV with a broken power or logic board. I picked it up on Craigslist thinking it would be a fun project to diagnose, repair and possibly learn something. THAT and get a 47″ LCD TV with 1080p support for under $100 USD, haha.
So stay tuned…